Today I have the pleasure of introducing Ayngelina Brogan from BaconIsMagic.ca. Learn more about her amazing travelling experiences in the interview below.
Here we go:
1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
Four years ago I left an amazing job, boyfriend, apartment and friends to find inspiration in Latin America.
2. What made you start baconismagic.ca and how did you discover your passion for travel and food?
I was 32 and had been working for over a decade.
I had always wanted to travel long-term and as I didn’t have a house I decided it was the right time to take a career break.
Food and travel have always been a big part of my life. I have always cooked and traveled for vacations so it was a natural marriage of the two.
3. What is you favorite country/culture?
I couldn’t pick a favourite country, it’s like picking your favourite child.
But I’d say the top places for culinary travel would be Italy, Mexico, Peru, Spain and Vietnam.
4. How important is food in a culture and what is the best in your opinion?
Food is the basis for any culture, it allows us to experience a tiny part of someone’s culture even if we don’t speak the language.
At a table we can communication and express thanks without words.
5. What tips can you give someone who aspires to start travelling for a long time but is afraid to do so?
Take a small trip first.
It could be in your own country or a neighboring country or one that speaks the same language.
New Zealand is great for inexperienced travelers.
6. Is travelling solo better that travelling as a couple?
Neither is better they are just different.
I have enjoyed the freedom of traveling solo but I also like to experience it as a couple – as long as it’s the right person.
7. Give us 5 tips on how to travel on budget.
- Research ahead of time.
- Don’t buy any tickets or tours in advance as you almost always pay a middleman.
- Eat street food.
- Stay in hostels to meet like-minded travelers.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a discount.
8. Who is the one person that you admire the most, the hero that you look up to?
Without her I would not have the confidence to travel.
9. What are you plans for the future concerning your adventures and website?
I’m in a relationship now so I’ll be traveling less and perhaps closer to home but I’ll continue to travel several times a year and hopefully sometimes with Chef Rouge.
10. A message to your fans.
I’m focusing on video this year and would love for people to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/JrIyA5
Thank you Ayngelina for this great interview. Keep on travelling and sharing your amazing experiences with us. Travel safe!
Latest posts by James Menta (see all)
- The Homeowner’s Guide to Mattress Cleaning & Disinfection - March 26, 2018
- Air mattress size chart & top choices by size - March 14, 2017
- Materials used for air mattress production – (TPU vs. vinyl) how to eliminate the risk completely - March 13, 2017