As I mentioned when I first announced that I’ll taking the website on a detour and applying the Menta Statistical model to rating, reviewing and finally finding the best mattresses in other categories, like foam mattresses.
For you, the visitor, a much more practical, and really the only useful approach is dividing these format mattress reviews in separate guides. So, without further ado:
Here’s a concise and useful overview & comparison of the top 5 twin memory foam mattresses as rated by the Menta index:
Contour Twin Mattress (8-Inch) memory foam mattress
By Signature Sleep
Let’s take a look at the fact sheet of the best rated twin memory foam mattress out there:
- This mattress has a pocket coil gauge of 15, very well fitted into the design
- Accommodates all bed frames of standard twin size
- Cover and coils are separated by top notch polyester & foam layers enabling a good night’s sleep
- Ships in a compact form, rolled & compressed for easy delivery (keep in mind the 48h time frame during which the mattress cannot be used, as it needs to decompress to its original shape & size)
- Each coil separately enclosed gives the body extra support toward the hips, back, shoulders and neck, making sure body weight is evenly distributed, giving relief to pressure points
- Dimensions of the mattress are 74x39x8 (in), weighing 42.9 (lb)
See more customer reviews here – on Amazon.com
Let’s see what the most demanding sleepers’ experience is with this mattress:
Things people liked and shared – the PROs:
- I am not easily amazed, especially when it comes to mattresses, but this one is unbelievable; soft, comfy, keeps form, no-noise springs, just the right size and no odors – all in one. If you’re looking for the best twin memory foam mattress, search no longer!
- I’m glad I took a chance with this mattress. For someone who has back issues, a firm (but not hard) mattress is most important. It gives just the right amount of support.
- Can’t beat the price. You definitely get your bang for the buck. You can’t go wrong with this comfortable, cozy mattress. Combining all its perks, it’s the best twin memory foam mattress on the market.
- In my opinion, the best feature of this mattress is that it holds quite a bit of weight. So there is no chance of it budging when I sleep on it, finally!
- Unpacking this great mattress was a breeze thanks to its compact and well-thought-out packaging. Just cut the wrapping open and give the mattress some time to regain form. And there you’ll have the best twin memory foam mattress – it’s as easy as that!
- Since this is my third mattress, I think I qualify to say something about mattresses – I love this one. Man, is this thing comfy and affordable! I would definitely recommend this purchase to a friend.
A few things that could be better – the CONs:
- Having read through a ton of twin memory foam mattress reviews, I was really excited about this mattress. Although my husband was skeptical about ordering this mattress online, he was fine with sleeping on it. I, however, expected it to be somewhat softer.
- This mattress is comfortable but is slightly shorter than regular twin size. That is why I decided to pass it on to my teenage son, it is great for him.
- For back sleepers – this mattress is amazing, for side sleepers – too firm. You can easily solve this with a topper, and it is still a good bargain.
The Verdict and ratings of this Contour Signature Sleep
I stayed in front of this screen for 15 minutes trying to think of how to start summing up the impressions about the mattress that has be the no.1 seller Overall (all mattress types included) for 90% of the time since we started this section of the website.
Then I realized that that’s exactly the fact that speaks the most, thousands of 5-star reviews speak for themselves.
Sturdy construction, just the right comfort to minimize the pressure points (which makes it a God-sent for anyone with back pain issues), height that most people who got it rated as, again, just right.
Overall Quality Rating close to perfect 4.8/5 with the only point deducted for the comfort, with the important notion that this mattress might be on the firmer side for side sleepers who prefer soft all-foam mattresses.
Those are the people who thought the mattress might be too firm, but those review count and that resulted in the one point deducted in ratings.
The quality built of the springs eliminates most of the as “problems” that might be an issue with even the best of all-foam mattresses, like it being to “dead” and forming a nest in the middle of the mattress after a while.
Best Price Mattress 6-Inch Twin Memory Foam Mattress review
by Best Price Mattress
The tech spec overview:
- Mattress size is 39x75x6 (in)
- Supports whole body for deeper sleep and relaxation of pressure points
- Contouring the curves of your body, it gives you a feeling as though you’re floating
- Comes with a 10-year warranty and CertiPUR-US certification
Here is what happy customers have to say about this product – the PROs:
- This impressive mattress is worth every cent you pay for it. I am glad I ordered it after reading, what felt like, all twin memory foam mattress reviews available online!
- I decided to purchase a second one of these mattresses for camping, especially when I need to spend the night in the back of my car. No more sore spots in the morning. I am comfortable to sleep in any position.
- This is the best solution if you are looking into a lightweight, easily moveable mattress. When I first opened it, I thought I made a mistake since it looked thin and, therefore, cheap. However, when it decompressed it was a whole different story.
- All of my expectations with this mattress have been exceeded! It is comfortable, firm, doesn’t smell, nicely packaged and looks great once it regains its form. Bought the mattress for my son, but my daughter loves it and will be getting one too.
- This is the best twin memory foam mattress – low in price, high in quality! I highly recommend it.
As with every product, some people found drawbacks – the CONs:
- This memory foam mattress is too thin for me. The 6 inches gives me the feeling that this is more of a topper.
- I thought that the thickness would be my issue, but it turns out that it’s the firmness I had trouble with…I wish if was softer
- I noticed some heat retention, especially during the summer. However, I solved this issue with a topper and was still within my budget.
Summing up and rating the review of this memory foam mattress
It’ now been almost a year since we started rating memory foam mattresses and this mattress was in top 5 with top reviews in all the 5 updated to this guide.
Overall Quality Rating 4.5/5.
It might not seem that good of a rating after seeing the review of the previous foam mattress, but let’s not forget that the previous one was the best seller in all categories. Overall Best at the time of compiling the review and during the 8 months before.
Ultimate Dreams Twin Crazy Quilt with 7-Inch TriZone Mattress review
Factory facts about the Ultimate Dreams Twin Crazy Quilt with 7-Inch TriZone Mattress:
- Best quality & value on the market
- Mattress is perfect for standard setups of beds, as well as day, bunk or trundle beds
- Featuring the Tri Zone build (6.25-inch core) and quilting layer of 0.75 inches, this mattress offers a great, comfy night’s sleep
- Uses Certi-Pur Foam in its make and is produced in the US
- There may be slight variations in the fabric color of the mattress
See what customers that bought it had to say – (amazon link)
Some of the good sides of this product – the PROs:
- We are very happy with this mattress and were especially surprised with the small; easy to handle packaging it comes in.
- After reading so many twin memory foam mattress reviews, I decided to give this one a try. Boy was I ever right! This comfortable, soft but firm, American-made product is the best twin memory foam mattress ever.
- Foam mattresses tend to be squishy, but not this one. Also, it takes half of the expected time to regain its initial form and size, which was a nice surprise.
- Outstanding quality for the price, we will be ordering a second one for our daughter.
- As our toddler is in the phase of moving from a crib to a bed, we were looking for just the right mattress for him. We went with this one and didn’t make a mistake, perfect for kids. It is medium soft, but never losing its form, even when he jumps on it!
- It has everything I am looking for in a mattress – very comfortable, odor-free, lots of support, esthetically pretty surface, neat and simple packaging and, last but not least, easy on your budget.
Let’s see what some not-so-happy campers had to say about this mattress – the CONs:
- Can’t say anything about the mattress being uncomfortable, and it does expand as stated in the description, however it seems as if it started losing form after a few days.
- As good as it is for my back problems, I don’t like the way it absorbs moisture and makes me hot.
- I found this mattress too thin and too hard, just not for me.
- I ordered three of the same mattresses for my three kids, and they all varied in design. Apart from my kids arguing who is getting which mattress, we had no other problems; they all sleep like the babies they are!
Summing up the reviews of this foam mattress
The Ultimate Dreams is yet another great mattress and hey, if they want to give away free stuff with it, who are we to complain.
A solid 4.5/5 star rating with one point deducted for comfort (which comes as no surprise, having the thickness in mind), one for materials and one for design. It’s not common to see reports of such a high-quality products failing to maintain consistency, let alone in the arena of how the mattresses look.
Even in the last update those, people reporting this raised some suspicions with us and we started to have our doubts about the manufacturing process. Up to this point we haven’t discovered anything strange in the production or the outsourcing practices.
We continue to keep a close eye on this one.
Twin Memory Foam 6-Inch Mattress
by Sleep Master
Talking strictly numbers and facts, this is what Sleep Master’s Twin Memory Foam 6-Inch Mattress has to offer:
- Composed of Memory Foam (1.5 in) and Base Support Foam of high-density (4.5 in)
- Uses BioFoam, a new material replacing the traditional petroleum
- Comes with CertiPUR – US certification guaranteeing top-notch quality
- Memory foam follows and supports body contour
- Easy shipping and handling thanks to the patented method of compression
Let’s start by listing out some of the PROs from user review of this mattress:
- I just received this mattress yesterday, but so far so good – unbeatable price, comfortable (even on the floor), not too firm or soft, helps my back problem, the smell of new is not too strong and disappears quickly.
- Don’t hesitate with this mattress, it is a really good deal. I highly recommend it.
- I bought this mattress initially for my camper, but having slept on it for a few days, I am seriously considering putting it in our bedroom.
- Putting aside my fear of non-spring beds, I decided to give my first twin memory foam mattress a shot. Glad I did, because it is working out very well for me, definitely an improvement from my old mattress.
- I loved the compact packaging. I could bring it to my apartment and unpack it myself, no husband needed!
- I was skeptical about buying a mattress online, as it had to fit in my existing bed frame. Was I ever happy when this baby came in, fit smoothly and was ready to use in no time.
Some of the things customers weren’t exactly thrilled about – the CONs:
- Although comfortable for sleeping, I can’t get over the new mattress smell. Other people I’ve had sleeping over don’t seem to complain, but I am just very sensitive when it comes to this issue.
- I expected the BioFoam to be something sensational, but I don’t see the difference from regular foam. Definitely beats a spring mattress, that’s for sure!
- When it decompressed, its height turned out slightly lower than described. I will leave it out for some more time and see what happens; maybe I’m just too impatient.
The conclusions of the review:
We deducted one point for quality, materials and comfort about from this mattress’s score which doesn’t read very well, since it’s all the main categories.
It’s till 4 stars in these categories and an Overall Quality rating of 4.4/5.
Bottom line – a high quality, well built and crafted mattress, one made to last and a very good value for money.
Ultimate Dreams 9-Inch Crazy Euro Twin Top mattress
by DreamFoam Bedding
First, let’s take a look at this mattress from the manufacturer’s point of view:
- Thickness of 9 inches, coiled mid-firm high-density foam
- Cotton material
- 100% USA product (components as well) with CertiPUR – US certification
- Core layers with dual coiled foam providing TriZone support
- Compact roll packaging and delivered to your doorstep
Now there’s a lot of tech-talk, let’s see what real-life experiences have to say for this product – the PROs from the user reviews of this foam mattress:
- This is a real mattress, and I’m picky. Just what I was looking for – full support of a spring mattress, but with body contour comfort of the foam.
- It doesn’t make me feel hot, which is the main topper feature I was looking into.
- Nothing can compare with the sleep you will get with this mattress. You will be rested, happy and ready to take on the next day.
- Very attractive and exceeded expectations that I had. As good as a foam mattress can get. Great for light sleepers like me.
- We have a winner! Comfortable, just right firmness and made in the USA.
- Although persuaded by the low price, it turned out that this mattress has several more good qualities, so win-win situation.
Going through a few raised concerns – the CONs:
- Although I like the mattress, I will have to pass it on. It is just too small for me.
- I think my mattress didn’t expand fully yet because the matching-size sheets won’t hold on to the corners. Let’s wait and see.
- Unfortunately, I am not impressed. The foam doesn’t spring back as I expected it too.
Final ratings and review conclusions
This mattress is the only new arrival to the BEST 5 twin memory foam mattresses in the latest update to this guide.
We have to admit to being skeptic about the 100% American-made because we’ve seen few too many complaints that are not characteristic for US-made mattresses. However, we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, and we are looking into the manufacturing practices of the company to be better prepared for the next update.
For now, Overall Quality Rating 4.3 with points deducted for materials, comfort, design and half a point for price. It is affordable, but the rating in our “price” category is really a rating in “value for money” category.
Not bad for a newbie on the list of best twin memory foam mattresses, not bad at all.
It seems like we’ve done an in-depth research of twin memory foam mattresses on the market and one thing everyone agrees on is that it sure beats spring mattresses combined with just regular foam.
There are some good quality, even better priced, foam mattresses out there.
Whether you prefer firm or soft, each of these mattresses provides support to the body contour and will help you with your sleeping patterns. Thanks to the manufacturers for keeping in mind that shipping and setup need to be user-friendly, the best foam mattresses come in small packages!
As always, don’t forget that we regularly update these guides to make them relevant at all times.
Also, feel free to share your thoughts and experiences or email us with any questions.
James and Ruth
Latest posts by James Menta (see all)
- The Homeowner’s Guide to Mattress Cleaning & Disinfection - March 26, 2018
- Air mattress size chart & top choices by size - March 14, 2017
- Materials used for air mattress production – (TPU vs. vinyl) how to eliminate the risk completely - March 13, 2017