Nothing really beats the feeling of becoming a parent and finding the best organic crib mattress for your baby certainly falls under that “you want what’s best for your child” category.
Obviously, the offer is so large it’s no wonder parents get a bit lost in the jungle of today’s market. That’s why this website is all about. I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction, and spare you hours and days of reading those countless reviews of organic crib mattresses while the best ones constantly manage to elude you somehow.
Why would you listen to what I have to say in the first place?
Well, my years of experience as a blogger can speak for me, with my area of expertise being sleep, mattresses and beds. I’ve written all there is about bedding in general, and picked up all the secrets the industry holds. I’ll recognize good quality with my eyes closed, and my hands tied behind my back.
Also, I pay great attention to what users said about the product/s I’m reviewing. Using it every day is the best way of knowing whether it’s a hit or a waste of cash.
So, professionalism, years of experience, field research, and completely unbiased approach is what I’m offering here. Hope that’s enough to get you to stick around.
My special grading method and how/why it works
Over the years, I’ve gathered enough knowledge and experience to successfully make my own method of product grading.
Goes like this. First I’ll read every user review about a certain type of product, say organic crib mattress. Then I’ll filter it all through my own knowledge, and give grades for certain fields. Lastly, I’ll make a list of winners with highest average grade.
I update my lists every two months, so they’ll always keep you in sync with the market’s current best.
As far as this guide is concerned…
It will look something like this:
- First, I’ll give you the actual list, so you may see what kind of mattresses we’re really talking about
- Then we’ll get to know more about them in their own digest reviews
- Finally, I’ll congratulate you for making it to the end, and bid you farewell
Let’s get serious, time to meet our winners!
It’s my pleasure to introduce to you the best organic crib mattresses market has to offer at this moment:
|Picture||Model||My Overall Quality Rating||See Amazon Offer|
|No Compromise Organic Crib Mattress||4.8 / 5|
|Eco Classica III crib mattress||4.4 / 5|
|Orthopedic Crib Mattress||4.0 / 5|
|Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress||4.4 / 5|
Want to know more? Let’s head to their digest reviews and see exactly what hides under the hood.
What are these digest reviews?
Basically, they’re just the shortened versions of my regular reviews.
Here’s what they look like:
- We list out some basic product specs. Manufacturer’s specification comes quite handy here
- Then we’ll separate the truth from the marketing hype by seeing some pros and cons shared with us by the users
- Finally, my own little ranting section
Very simple, quick and informative.
So, since we got the basics down, we can start dissecting these crib mattresses one by one, and see what exactly got them where they are
No Compromise Organic Crib Mattress
Let’s apply our little schematic to this product. As we said, we’ll start with the…
- 100 percent organic cotton
- Manufactured in the US
- Featuring two stages of firmness, it will grow alongside your child for years. Firmer side is designed for infants, softer for toddlers
- Waterproof, wipe clean surface meets the standards for food contact. Moisture penetration is prevented by the waterproof seaming, making the surface easier to clean
- Both filling and fabric are certified organic cotton
- Comfortable and firm featuring 150+ coils edge support
- 27.75inches x 52inches x 6inches. Snug fit ensured by square corners
- Certified packaging shipment
Wow, just wow! But let’s keep our exuberance down ‘till we see what the customers have to say about it.
We’ll start with the good part – the positive user opinions:
- This mattress is absolutely fantastic! I bought it for my son’s transition to the crib from his bassinet. I read every best organic crib mattress review there is, and finally zoned in on this one. And it was an excellent choice. The absence of any chemical smell was the first reassuring thing I noticed. I could tell right off the bat that it was very well made and built to last. Dual firmness is a great thing, so my son can still use it as a toddler. Both sides are clearly labeled. My son loves it, and I couldn’t be happier watching him sleep peacefully
- It’s the best organic crib mattress period. We wanted the nicest, but also the safest we could find for our boy and this mattress excels in both categories. It has no chemical smell to it, so he could start enjoying it right away. We bought it three months ago, and so far he seems to be more than comfortable sleeping on it. It’s waterproof, so few leaky diaper accidents never got to do some serious damage. We’re very satisfied with what we got for our money and recommend it to others
- It fits our crib perfectly. It’s IKEA Sundvik, and it feel like this mattress was custom made for it. Our previous mattress was too soft, so the double firmness is a true blessing. Cleaning it is a breeze, and you can always add a second layer of protection with an organic pad. Considering that our girl spends around twelve hours on it, safe and sound, the price tag is nothing
- I got all paranoid after some reading “Our Toxic Planet”, so I returned the newly bought regular crib mattress and started doing some research on organic ones. I’ve read tons of organic crib mattresses reviews, and this one took the cake. It’s extremely comfortable, has two sides with different levels of firmness, seems quite durable, and leaking accidents are no biggy anymore. Excellent mattress and my sincere recommendation
What’s more important than the reviews of parents – read them by visiting Amazon.com below
Let’s see what our parents didn’t like about it:
- The price did leave a dent in our budget, but it was certainly worth it
- It didn’t fit our crib. We bought a Graco Lauren, and this mattress was too big. After seeing how high-quality it was, we almost decided to return the crib and get a new one to fit the mattress
Double firmness, fully organic, no toxic chemicals around your baby, waterproof, extra comfortable and durable, should I say more?
It certainly deserves it’s name “no compromise” but it has a price tag to follow, but let us get real. Who’s saving on our children any more.
Overall quality rating of 4.8 out of 5. Close to perferct.
Eco Classica III crib mattress
I bet you didn’t know Colgate made crib mattresses.
Let’s see what they have to show for it:
- Standard size, 6” thick orthopedic style. Lightweight, dual firmness, made to fit all standard toddler beds and cribs
- GREENGUARD certified for schools and children. The cover is made from organic cotton that’s certified, waterproof, and the best surface for the skin of a baby
- Made in US out of plant oils foam
Ok sounds more than good, but we can pass judgments only after we hear it from the customers.
PROs as per the parents:
Continuing the tradition, we’ll start with the good facts:
- By the end of my online research my head was spinning from all the organic crib mattress reviews, each claiming their product was the one. This one had the best user feedback, so I decided to give it a try. It’s extremely lightweight, so changing the sheets is quick and easy. There are no funny smells, like it laid in some lab for ages. The face of your baby spends a lot of time on the mattress, so making sure it’s toxins free is a must. Finally, the comfort and the double firmness really seal the deal for me
- A perfect ORGANIC crib mattress for our little girl. No toxins this or chemicals that, this is 100% natural, and we can sleep peacefully knowing our baby’s safe in her crib. It’s also environmentally friendly, and these factors were the deciding ones when we made the purchase. It also fits our crib perfectly (we have a DaVinci Kalani), and the comfort is out of this world. Really happy with this buy and recommend it to al concerned parents out there
- It arrived two days before it was supposed to, so kudos to the delivery service. It’s made of premium quality material, which certainly justifies the price. It’s very comfortable, and the firmness is just right. It looks like it was built to last a very long time, and the reduction of harmful chemicals exposure is simply a must. All things considered, we’re sure we made the right choice for the healthier growing up of our baby
- We heard from our friends that the best organic crib mattress is to be found in Colgate. Most of them use it, and they are super happy with it. At first we thought they were overreacting, and that the differences couldn’t possibly be that large, but it’s true. It’s like a mini baby sleeping cloud, both comfortable and perfectly firm. It fits our crib like a charm, and it puts our mind at ease knowing that no toxins or whatever are coming anywhere near our baby
- It’s made in the US. Enough said!
Visit Amazon and see why this crib mattress has such high ratings:
CONs that the parents found:
Let’s see if there are some downsides to this mattress:
- The price was a bit too steep for us, but at least we got what we paid for, and more
Orthopedic Crib Mattress
By L.A. Mattress
Company has the honors:
- 260 coils made of heavy duty steel guarantee maximum durability. Border rod provides extra support and strength.
- Special flex-edge clippings for ultimate safety and edge support. No cushioning material loss due to poly/cotton coil wrap
- Insulator pad made of organic cotton that’s USDA certified offers additional durability. Comfort of your baby is guaranteed by the layer of blended cotton
- Deluxe cover made of Ecru Jacquard fabric featuring waterproof back. Air vents prevent splitting of the edge, and ensure cloth and mattress binding.
- Made in US. 25-year warranty
Modern technologies talk sure sounds fancy, but let’s see if the customers agree.
What are the PROs that the parents had to share?
As always, we’ll start with the pros:
- I was super excited to get an organic crib mattress for less than 100 bucks! First thing that caught my attention was the absence of that horrible plastic smell right when you get it out of the box. Both sides are very clearly marked so no confusion there. The quality is amazing for its price range. Our recommendation
- It fits our crib like a glove. No extra space or any gaps whatsoever. It’s also very well made, and it looks more than equipped to handle everything babies, and even toddlers have to throw at it. The price is more than reasonable for a crib mattress that’s 100% toxins free, so we’re very satisfied with this buy and wouldn’t trade it for the world
- Our daughter loves it. She sleeps well, like a baby ever since we replaced our first mattress. Our baby’s safety is our number one concern, and this is the best organic crib mattress that’s free of all nasty chemicals and fits our budget perfectly. It’s surprisingly comfortable, and the best thing is she can still use it as a toddler. Perfect product!
- The price is really nothing for the value you get. It’s the best organic crib mattress in its price range, and it beats some of the more expensive models. These guys sure knew what they were doing. Firstly, the material is cotton, so you can forget about that plastic grossness and stuff, secondly, it’s completely organic, which makes it perfect for newborns, spending most of the time in their beds. And it’s a baby mattress and a toddler bed in one, we love it!
See how user rated the crib on Amazon:
Let’s see another side of this fairytale:
- The infant and toddler sides weren’t all that obviously labeled in my opinion
- It’s a great mattress, but just a smidge too big for our crib. Our dad here wasn’t as handy with a tape measure in this case. We had to return it, but for what I saw you’ll certainly get more than you pay for
Another great crib mattress, this time a bit more on the budget-friendly side. It’s on our list for a good reason, well more than one actually. You can’t go wrong with this one.
Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress
By Safety 1st
Congratulations for keeping up this far. One more to go, so we’ll get straight to…
- Thermo-bonded high-density core offers extraordinary support
- Durable and lightweight. Can be used throughout the development of your child
- Polypropylene laminated vinyl outer cover
- 52.5” x 27.5” x 5.5”. 5.5” thick
- Certified GREENGUARD GOLD quality
Sounds more than promising. But we know better than to blindly trust the manufacturers.
Let’s discuss it with the customers.
As always, let’s start with the pros:
- Amazing mattress! It’s by far the best organic crib mattress we could ever hope to get for that kind of money. It holds its shape even after longer period of use, and it’s a dream when it comes to cleaning it. Leaky diapers pose no problems anymore. Not to mention how comfortable it is. It’s a hit, and Safety 1st has three happy customers
- Our baby loves it! I especially like the fact that it has no springs, so as he got older he never got any urge of jumping and trying to escape his crib
- It fits our crib like it was custom made for it. I’m very paranoid when it comes to my baby’s safety, and this mattress fully meets my criteria. I can sleep peacefully knowing my baby is in toxins and bacteria free environment. Great mattress and you just can’t beat that price
- More than happy with it. We read a bunch of reviews of organic crib mattresses, and they pretty much all have one thing in common, astronomical prices. Once we zoned in on this one we didn’t know what to think, but now that we have it we know it was a right choice. Organic, safe, super comfortable and durable. That’s exactly what we wanted
No better source from reviews than parents -let’s see what they had to say on Amazon:
Last cons section:
- It could be a bit firmer in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not too soft or anything, but a dash of extra firmness could only benefit it
Super budget-friendly without cutting down on the quality. It’s a true winner and a no-brainer for all concerned parents out there.
Your baby’s safety and well-being are of utmost importance, and I hope this helps a bit.
Keep your little people safe and happy until we meet again.
Latest posts by James Menta (see all)
- The Homeowner’s Guide to Mattress Cleaning & Disinfection - March 26, 2018
- Air mattress size chart & top choices by size - March 14, 2017
- Materials used for air mattress production – (TPU vs. vinyl) how to eliminate the risk completely - March 13, 2017