Is this the best organic baby/crib mattress you can get for your hard earned money? Because if it is, it can truly introduce countless benefits into your nightly routine.
Let’s take an in-depth look.
Organic materials will simply eliminate all the germs from your sleeping environment while not featuring any dangerous chemicals. It’s a win-win. If all they are saying in the specs is true, that is…
Today we’re dissecting Naturepedic No Compromise Organic Cotton Classic 150 Crib Mattress, to see if it fits the standards we expect organic mattresses to live up to.
Who am I?
My past echoes with countless blog articles, be it reviews, ultimate guides, lists of best products at any given moment… Every article I write demands some serious research, so I got the industry down by now. It might seem odd to deal with this, but I do it so you don’t have to.
I also read every user review I can find, and have written correspondence with some of the customers. What they say is priceless for my writing, as they used the products and saw it performing in real life.
Quick introduction to my reviews
Before we go any further, I’d like to give you a little schematic of what’s to come:
- We’ll open this review with manufacturer’s product specification, giving us some basic information about this Naturepedic No Compromise Crib Mattress
- Then we’ll see if this No Compromise Mattress truly didn’t make any compromises when it comes to quality. Then we’ll take a look at user-shared PROs and CONs
- Lastly, my own humble opinion will be expressed. I’ll simply tell you if I think this is a hit or a waste of money, and why
Let’s get to work.
Basic product specs from manufacturer’s specification
Here’s where the Naturepedic Company has the chance to make us proud, so let’s see what they’ve got for us:
- 100 percent organic cotton
- US made
- Dual firmness means the mattress will grow alongside your child for a long time. There’s firmer side for infants, and softer for toddlers
- The surface is waterproof, wipe clean, and its purity is such that the standards for food contact are met. The seams are also waterproof, so liquid penetration of any kind is not an option. Plus, it makes the cleaning much easier
- Certified cotton fabric/filling featuring 150 coils + additional edge support for ultimate comfort and firmness
- 27.75 inches x 52 inches x 6 inches. The corners are square, making sure the mattress fits perfectly
- Frustration-free certified packaging
That certainly is impressive, but we won’t take anything for granted until we consult with the experiences of the customers.
What’s good about No Compromise Mattress?
We’ll start with the good. Let’s see what the users liked:
- Once you become a parent you start thinking about stuff that never crossed your mind before. Fresh parents out there will know exactly what I’m talking about. Organic materials are one of those things for us. We never actually gave it much thought but started doing some research once we knew we were having a baby.
- It’s mind-boggling what’s in our regular mattresses, and now that we know there are no toxic chemicals in organic ones we’re making the grand switch. This mattress is great, safe and comfortable. Our highest recommendation
- The first thing, that made me feel good about investing in this mattress, is how there were no chemical/plastic smells once I unpacked it. It’s 100% cotton and organic one too.
- I can sleep peacefully knowing my baby is safe and not inhaling those nasty phthalates, fire retardants or whatever, and without gazillions of germs crawling around her. Thank you Naturepedic!
- The dual firmness is really a great feature when it comes to this mattress. You can simply see it’s made to last, and once you bite the bullet, your kid will be using it for a very long time. The sides are very clearly marked, so no confusion about that. Both sides are also very comfortable, and the infant one is just form enough to be good for sleeping, but not to pose any safety issue. There’s really just one thing to say Naturepedic No-Compromise Organic Crib Mattress for the win!
- I just love how easy to clean it is. You can literally do as it says in the specs, just wipe it clean with a wet cloth, and you’re good to go. It really IS waterproof, so any accidents, which are bound to happen sooner or later, won’t be a problem. Plus, it’s very well made and durable.
- Both sides are comfortable, and with the different level of firmness, our girl can use it even during her toddler years. Super happy with this mattress
- We were banging our head whether to take Naturepedic No Compromise Organic Cotton Classic 252 Crib Mattress or this one, which has the number mark of 150. We decided to go for this one in the end, but I think we would be good whichever we picked.
- This mattress is simply amazing. It’s very comfortable for our baby boy, and you can see he enjoys it by how peaceful he sleeps. It’s a great buy, and we recommend it highly
- It’s a great example of you get what you paid for. Yes, the price is a bit higher, but the quality is top notch. The comfort, durability, ease of use, it’s all there.
- I really like the idea of mattress having two different sides. It prolongs its use, making your investment even more sound
Read parent’s experiences on Amazon.com (link below):
And what the customers didn’t like?
Let’s check out some of the CONs:
- The price was a pretty big hit on our budget, but you can’t really put a price on your baby’s health. It’s very high-quality, so it was money well spent
My opinion and final ratings
Amazing product is all I’m going to say. Overall Quality rating of 48/50, but with a price to match.
But you’ll agree that your baby’s health is no place to make compromises.
Comfortable, waterproof, double firmness, well made, durable, easy to clean, fits perfectly, organic, it’s a slam dunk. Go for it and never look back.
It’s a safe bet and one less thing to worry about.
Latest posts by James Menta (see all)
- The Homeowner’s Guide to Mattress Cleaning & Disinfection - March 26, 2018
- Air mattress size chart & top choices by size - March 14, 2017
- Materials used for air mattress production – (TPU vs. vinyl) how to eliminate the risk completely - March 13, 2017