Over the years, I’ve seen Coleman make some of the best air beds and mattresses on the market. Let’s see if this is one of them through the eyes of consumer reviews and my statistical model.
There’s a jungle of information out there, and without the proper guide, you’ll be lost in those countless online reviews, not knowing which way is left.
So, I’m here today to give you not just “another one of those Coleman Air mattress reviews”, but THE review.
How can I be so confident? Stick around and find out…
Why should you read MY review?
Because you want a person who knows what they’re talking about.
I’ve lost track about how long I’ve been writing about inflatable furniture. I’ve picked up all the necessary knowledge about the products and the industry in general. I have countless reviews, full guides and other articles under my belt, so you can be sure you’re in the right hands.
Plus, I never go about these reviews with my opinion alone. I read a lot of user reviews, and weave what they had to say into every single one of my articles. That’s how you’ll get thousands of opinions at the price of reading one short article.
A quick overview of how we’re going to do this
Let me just introduce you to the section waiting up ahead:
- First one we’ll dedicate to the manufacturer. We’ll read its product specification, and get some material to work with
- Then we’ll hear it from the customers themselves. We’ll have PROs on one side and CONs on the other. Which side wins depends solely on this product’s performance in real-life situations
- Lastly, I’ll share my own opinion and the final Quality Rating this baby got in my statistical model
As simple ad as informative as it can possibly be, that’s the way we work here. Speaking of work, the introductory part is over, and we can start some serious work.
Manufacturer about this air mattress:
Let’s see what we’re dealing with here:
- Measurements: 74” x 39” x 17”,
- Leak-free inflation is guaranteed by the Coleman Airtight System (less than 3 minutes to full inflation)
- Luxurious comfort ensured by suede-like soft top
- Double Lock technology valve to eliminate leaks
- Roll system bag designed for easy storage
- Fits all sheets with standard size
- Includes a storage bag
Pretty minimalistic, which means it’s according to my liking. Let’s let the customers fill in the gaps.
Good things about this Coleman Air Mattress
Let’s hear some of the PROs:
- Very important to me that it’s US made…
- Thank you, Coleman! This is the best air mattress I could’ve possibly gotten for this kind of money. I had my doubts, considering the low price, but once I got it, they were all dispersed at once. It’s very comfortable and quite supportive.
- I like how the top is so soft and silky to the touch. With some sheets on, it really turns into a proper bed. Super happy with this buy, I knew Coleman wouldn’t disappoint
- It inflated in a matter of seconds, and it didn’t leak air once. It needed some topping off, but after it reached its full size that was it. I had my fair share of problems with leaky air mattresses before, and quite frankly I’ve developed a phobia.
- My fears were unfounded here, however, and I just can’t believe I finally found this Coleman air mattress. It’s very budget-friendly and offers more than I could’ve ever imagined I can get for that kind of money. Highest recommendation
- I’ve had problems with back and neck pain for as long as I can remember. I heard from a friend that air mattresses proved to be quite miraculous when it comes to these problems. I didn’t have much money to spend on an extra bed, so I decided to buy this inexpensive Coleman air mattress.
- I could just feel the difference the first time I laid on this air bed. It supported my back like no bed before, and I could feel my spine being aligned perfectly. I never woke up with aching back or sore neck since this little guy arrived, and I recommend it to all the people with problems similar to mine
- It’s the best air bed I’ve ever owned period. I have a lot of different air mattresses, ranging from ultra cheap to the more costly ones, but this one takes the cake for sure. It’s extremely comfortable and supports my bad back like a charm. I wake up happy and rested every morning, and I have Coleman to thank for that.
- It’s very easy to use, and a breeze to put away once I need some extra space. It inflates super fast and doesn’t leak whatsoever. My sheets fit perfectly, and they don’t ever slide down. Great Mattress with even better price
- I bought this Coleman air mattress for my 5 days camping trip, and it held its air like a champ. We had a pretty unfortunate rocky terrain camping site, but this mattress didn’t feel a thing.
- I had my handy Coleman air mattress repair kit with me, but there was no need for it. This mattress is very pierce-resistant, and besides comfort, that’s my number one concern. Good product that’s high-quality and budget-friendly
- I’ve read a lot of Coleman air mattress reviews and decided to get this one. I found a lot of positive experiences, and I can only say they were all 100% true
Customer shared what they think about this air mattress in detail on Amazon:
Now for some unpleasant experiences
Let’s hear the CONs:
- I’ve had problems with the pump…
- It developed kind of a plastic smell when I unpacked it. It went away after a single day outside, though…
- Not the sturdiest edges…
Overall Quality Rating of 47/50 is nothing to joke about, especially with the price set that low and the mattress made in the USA. Let me tell you, I’m not sure how they did it with this one, manufacturing in the USA is not cheap and this price comes as a surprise to me.
To sum up – this is one budget-friendly dream of a mattress. Coleman really did it this time. I mean, it’s easy to make and expensive air mattress that’s good, making a cheaper version that equally good, not so much.
It’s comfortable, durable, well made, doesn’t leak air, it’s very damage-resistant, supports the back and aligns the spine perfectly, plus, it’s very inexpensive. What more can we ask for?
Latest posts by James Menta (see all)
- The Homeowner’s Guide to Mattress Cleaning & Disinfection - March 26, 2018
- Air mattress size chart & top choices by size - March 14, 2017
- Materials used for air mattress production – (TPU vs. vinyl) how to eliminate the risk completely - March 13, 2017